Abbaye aux Hommes

Patrimoine culturel,

CAEN

Founded in 1063 by William the Conqueror, the Benedictine abbey of Saint Etienne (Saint Stephen) in Caen was consecrated in 1077. The 18th century monastic buildings housing the cloister, the wood-panelled rooms hung with paintings, and the Guardroom are today home to the Caen Town Hall. William the Conqueror is laid to rest in the abbey church. Visits: 1 hour 30 minutes.

Faciliteiten

Uitrusting

  • Picknickgebied
  • Betaald parkeren

Service

  • Winkel
  • Fietsenstalling
  • Gratis Wi-Fi
  • Huisdieren welkom
  • Groepen welkom

Toegankelijkheid

  • Auditieve handicap
  • Mentale handicap